Sunday, March 10, 2002

Welcome To My Nightmare: Internet Explorer 6.0

Sorry about the lack of updates last couple days, I've been trying to get this new template just right so I can be done with it and get back to posting my usual brand of funny news stories and websites.

There's a problem, however.

Those of you using most any browser other than Internet 6.0 will notice the cool little sliding menu on the left side of the page, which I got from DynamicDrive, a free dhtml and javascript site. I spent most of the day configuring it and being no html guru, was incredibly pleased with myself when I finally managed (after much hair pulling) to get it set up just like I wanted it.

So far, so good.

Well, here's where the story takes a horrible turn for the worse - I'm sitting here patting myself on the back and admiring my blog's new look when one of my friends (who's using IE 6) brings my wonderful fantasy world crashing down around me by informing me that my lovely menu doesn't slide out at all on her browser. It just sits there, making me look bad. So I asked another friend using IE 6 to have a look and of course, it's the same with him - no sliding, no cool little menu items...just a unresponsive black rectangle that says to the world: "This page sucks".

Well, I wrote the fellow who wrote the script, it's a really nice one and I'd like to keep using it. Hopefully he'll respond with a hearty "Thanks for the head's up, buddy, fixing it's no problem, just change this little line of code and you're good to go :)", but there's no telling when or if I'll hear from him or if it can even be made compatible at all, I guess...so until then I'm going to have to go a different route, which means more banging my head against my keyboard in frustration and less cute stories and flash games for the faithful few. My apologies, I promise I'll have this all worked out - one way or the other - as soon as possible.

For now, however, I'm going to go lay down and get some sleep and pray I don't dream of javascript code and hyperlink tags. I'll try and slip in a few groovy posts tomorrow as I go about struggling with my code, between bouts of weeping and gnashing of teeth.

No comments: