Wednesday, May 08, 2002



"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated." - Mark Twain

Sorry about the lack of updates recently. The sparseness of posts is due to a number of things; I've been getting out a little more lately, for one thing. Never fear, though. I'm not about to take up permanent residence in "meatspace". I'm firmly glued to my chair again at my computer.

Another reason I haven't posted much lately is that I've been getting up earlier.

For some reason, blogging seems, to me - to be a task best performed in the wee hours of the night, surrounded by darkness, basking in the cool, soothing glow of my monitor - all jacked up on Mountain Dew and hearing nothing but the sounds of my fingers going clickety-clack on my keyboard and maybe a good mp3 (the song of the moment, incidentally - Driver's Seat, by Sniff 'n' the Tears).

That said, think I'll do a nice fat update, here's the first post, a funny little mockumentary of Ken Burns' The Civil War that depicts the events of Star Wars' "Battle of Hoth".

Next up, we have this odd, bitter bit of illustration and poetry - a wonderful way for you goth parents out there to teach the kids their abc's, trust me.



Toon Appreciation

The Toonopedia is a massive repository of all things toon, from comic book characters to advertising shills like Cap'n'Crunch. They hope to someday be the web's leading source of information on the subject.

Pin-it-Yourself

You have some time on your hands and you're the do-it-yourself type? How about building your own pinball machine as your next project?

Taking it to the Extreme

Maybe it's the Mountain Dew talking, but after looking at this site, I'm feeling foolhardy enough to consider some extreme ironing. Looks dangerous, though, so be sure and bring along your Extreme Teen Bible for good luck.



Beer Magic

A collection of magic tricks you can play on your friends or at bars, such as the "Spiderman" beer trick pictured above, in which a beer bottle is stuck to the wall, without the benefit of gum or glue.

Ticking Off the Neighbors 101

Gillian Greensite, of Santa Cruz, can't understand why her neighborhood is in such a snit over her sculpted Eugenia hedge. Aparrently they're reading something into it that she's not. Hmmmm....you be the judge.

Mesh Shirt to Replace "Wife-beater" as the Official Undergarment of Domestic Violence

No comments: