Sunday, February 24, 2002

"Meeting girls is easy this way," said Amir, as he continued typing, "You can be relaxed no worries."

This really surprised me - I would have assumed that Iranian isps were submitted to strict guidelines and filtering of their web access.

That doesn't seem to be the case - in fact many isps there, according to this story in The Guardian - use their uncensored status as a selling point.

I don't know what to after reading this story - should I take it as a sign of hope, an indication that the flood of outside information could someday open the country up to an appreciation of outside opinion and ideas - or should I be mad because this burgeoning wave of Iranian net consumers are likely to have faster internet connections the one I have here in rural Alabama?

Oh cable companies...why hath thou forsaken me?

Guardian Unlimited | The Guardian | Iran nets another revolt

No comments: