Wednesday, May 01, 2002



Best Toy Ever


I guess I just have comic books on the mind lately, what with the Spiderman movie coming out Friday, but this has to be the coolest toy ever...well, if you're an old comic-book nerd, at least. Back when I was a kid, I used to read The Green Lantern comic books and always thought it would be really cool if they'd make replicas of his power ring and battery for kids to play with.

Well, they finally have and it's the sharpest toy I've seen in a long while, it even lights up just like the one in the comics when you touch your accompanying power ring to it's face (which, as comic fans will recall, was an intregal part of the Lantern's shtick).

Ah, if only they'd had this when I was ten, I can see myself with this thing in the inner sanctum of my bedroom, reciting the Lantern Corps oath:

In brightest day, in blackest night;
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might;
Beware my power, Green Lantern's light!


Only bummer...the damn thing costs $250...if not I'd buy one, kid or not.

No comments: