Wednesday, September 11, 2002



9/11 Replayed on Fark

This is the most fascinating thing I've seen in some time...Drew Curtis has posted an archived copy of his site, Fark, from Sept. 11th of last year. The hundreds of users' comments and incoming news posts as it they happened in real-time are recorded in the comments section beside each post and it was amazing to see everyone's reactions as the story was still breaking and new facts and rumors were pouring in by the ton. This is why the first thing I do when I turn on my computer each day is log onto Fark - boobies, jokes and humor aside, if there's something really big going down, you know it'll be there as soon as it happens.

I was amazed at the relative tact with which most everyone seemed to handle the situation in a place where, normally, there's so much irreverance. I was also a little taken back by looking at the previous headlines before the planes started crashing - ten minutes before our whole world-view was changed by those horrible attacks one of the biggest questions on everyone's mind was whether Jordan should or shouldn't return to the NBA.

No comments: