Monday, June 03, 2002



One More Reason to Hate My Outdated Computer - Earth Viewer

This just looks flat-out amazing...Earth Viewer is a software program that lets you "grab" the earth with your mouse and zoom in on whatever area of the earth's surface you like, from a moveable model made up of updated satellite photos. We're not talking grainy black and white photos of objects that are difficult to make out, either - like the ones on TerraFly, which I've posted before - we're talking individual buildings and houses, in full color. The picture above will give you an idea of the kind of resolution they're offering.

Unfortunately, my pc just missed the minimum requirements, due to my woefully inadequate 2 meg 3D card. Sigh...will someone please download this thing onto a computer from this century and let me know if it's as great as it looks?

No comments: