Friday, February 22, 2002

Shake, Rattle and Roll

California had an earthquake measuring 5.2 on the Richter scale today.

We had an earthquake here awhile back and it freaked me out. I didn't even know we had earthquakes in Alabama.

My friend James and I were sitting around watching television and there's this rumbling that shakes his house a little and we were like, "What the @#%!% was that?". It was just a small one, I think a 3 point something or other. I thought maybe a truck had overturned outside or someone was dynamiting stumps. I did a little looking around and it turns out we had another small one back in 1996 that I'd never even heard about.

Like we don't already have enough worries due to tornadoes, now I have to sweat earthquakes too.

Recent Earthquakes in California and Nevada - Index Map

No comments: