Wednesday, August 21, 2002



By the Power of Grayskull - He-Man Returns!

Toonami is reviving the old He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoon series for the Cartoon Network. I know this is where most male bloggers would get all teary-eyed and start talking about how great the show was and recounting their many great memories of Skeletor and Castle Greyskull - but I won't.

Maybe it's because I'm 34 (a little older than your average blogger) and just missed the target-group that was snatching up the numerous toys and action-figures by a handful of years, but I never really cared for it.

To me, He-Man sort of represented the beginning of the end as far as quality television cartoons for children went. The cast and stories seemed to be hastily slapped together for the sole purpose of driving the He-Man-toys marketing machine. I know a lot of you spring chickens out there love the stuff, though - so here's the scoop on the new series and some nostalgia concerning the old one.

No comments: